Like me, many of you have followed Nithyananda blindly, accepting whatever he had to say and giving up your life and wealth to him and his mission. Fortunately, I came across evidence to show that he was not what he claimed to be. His entire self and mission were built on lies, and now lie in ruins.
Now knowing these facts, many of his senior acharyas, organizers and also ordained brahmacharis and sanyasis have moved away from him, both in India and USA, because they have lost faith in him. Nithyananda should be called Mithyananda, because whatever he said and did was based on falsehood. Because of him, many people have now lost faith in the Vediic tradition and the entire concept of Self Realization or Enlightenment. What he has done claiming to be an enlightened being has traumatized many people.
Here is a biography of his lies.
1. Nithyananda claimed in his authorized biography that he was born on 1 January 1978, in the Tamil month of Margazhi, in Chitra nakshatra, Kanya rasi, ashtami tithi in kanya lagna. We went to the panchang and nothing matched on this date. You can also google and find out.
Nithyananda's passport says he was born on 13 march 1977. None of his astrological details match this date also. So it was a fictional date and a fictional birth. The problem is that the Government of India can prosecute him for false date of birth given for passport and he can be barred forever from USA and other countries.
What about the prediction by his family astrologer that he will be a raja sanyasi? If he is still alive we can talk to him.
Nithyananda says in his biography that based on these very auspicious signs of his birth, he is an incarnation. He has claimed to be an avatar. Why would an avatar lie about his birth?
Now his ashram inmates are circulating nadi, or palm leaf, predictions, to prove his avatarhood. Trouble is that these nadis are all being manufactured by local entrepreneurs in Vaidheeswaran Koil. SUN TV which broke his mission also carried a documentary on the palm leaf predictions. Those too are mithya!
2. Nithyananda's basis for his spiritual quest was the 'enlightenment' at the age of 12 following an initiation by Annamalai Swamigal in Thiruvannmalai. If this was true, it must have left a deep impression on Annamalai Swamigal. But the detailed biography of Annamalai Swamigal by David Godman makes no mention of any child prodigy who met him. It was all in the mind of young Rajasekaran.
3. Nithyananda has spoken with tears in his eyes about his encounter with Arunagiri Yogeshwara, a fellow avatar. It is true that Ramana Maharishi had made references to Arunagiri Yogi. Perhaps Nithyananda's fertile imagination built a fairy tale around this reference along with the banyan tree, which we shall touch upon later. Nithyananda says he was given a saffron robe by this avatar and that no laboratory could analyse this fabric. The Police , we are sure, will be quickly able to do a forensic analysis and determine its miraculous origin.
4. Nithyananda has claimed that he was in parivrajaka or monastic wandering for nine years till his enlightenment. Parivrajaka means that one cannot stay for more than 3 days in any one location. When questioned, his ashram inner circle clarified that he started this at the age of 12 after his 'enlightenment' experience. Given that his age is a lie and the experience at 12 is another lie, is this also a lie?
Surely. Ramakrishna Ashram has records to show that a young Rajasekaran was with them for 4 years from 1996 till 2000. Till 1996 he was in a polytechnic studying. It must have been a very powerful parivrjaka indeed, perhaps wandering in his school, college and later in an ashram. We have a different name for such wanderers.
5. Now the bombshell. Nithyananda says he was enlightened on 1 January 2000 in the forests of Omkareshwar after 6 days of intense unclutching from Christmas day when he walked across the raging Narmada river.
If he was in Ramakrishna Ashram, did he have another body? Or was this 'enlightenment' another hoax? Or was he studying tantric sex somewhere?
None of these details are my creation. Factual records are available to support each point. But then, Nithyananda will say that his version is truth, not fact. That is why he is Mithyananda.
6. Let us now come to the foundation of his mission in 2002 or 2003. It is all about a poor banyan tree. Nithyananda says he had a vision to establish his mission and ashram under a banyan tree. His true Hanuman, read Danasekaran, then identified the tree in Bidadi. Nithyananda claimed that the Bidadi banyan tree is 650 years old. Problem is that the Police found the guy who planted this tree in Bidadi and he is only 70 years old! Perhaps the tree suffered from progeria like Amitabh Bachan did in Paa!
7. Nithyananda also said that the muneeswara buried under this tree came in the dream of the land owner and told him to gift the land to him. But a little bird told us in our waking state that Danasekaran alias Ayya paid cash to 'buy' the land but show it as gift. Convenient for both parties. Perhaps something here for tax people.
The Muneeswara became a swayambu linga, which in turn became Anadeshwara that in turn became the marble statue of Mithyananda!
8. Nithyananda claimed he was spreading the Vedic mind through his yogic body by establishing temples all over the world. Good thought and also very profitable. With his henchmen in Chennai and Thiruvannamalai, he created temple material and exported them at a huge margin through his private company nithyananda imports & exports. Who ran this company? His brother!
You may not know that running a temple is very good business but Nithyananda and his brother knew. It is also the best way to launder black money and also if needed to create cash. The Vedic mind was very sharp!
9. All what i have outlined till now is a fairy tale compared to what he did once the mission was established.
We have documents from 2005 that ashramites were made to sign for living and learning with the master. The voluntary signatories of these documents,which are semi-legal contractual agreements preventing those who signed from disclosing anything, agree to have sex with the master and others designated by him. The process will also include photography, videography etc guaranteed to provide spiritual ecstasy through sexual tantric practices. We are informed that in addition to the master, some key disciples may also enjoyed his privileges.
Contents of these documents have been published in English and vernacular newspapers and blogs. The documents are also with the Police.
Nithyananda's modus operandi was simple. Once he identified an attractive woman, or less often a male, one of his key disciples would send the girl to his inner chamber, ostensibly to massage his legs. The contact became closer after that. He would tell them that he was an avatar, a Shiva , a Krishna, and through union with him they would experience enlightenment. In technical terms, this was rape, since the woman was in no position to resist the sexual advances of the man who she had till then considered God. It was a hypnotic union. Once the job was done, the key disciples would ensure that the victim signed the non disclosure documents, in case that had not happened yet.
a very simple, but effective strategy, that some times was repeated several times a day. Several dozen women were victims and are still traumatized.
Was Nithyananda running an ashram or a perverted school for prostitution? What were the ashramites thinking when they signed these documents? Were they even aware of what they were signing? What would you do if your daughter, sister, wife, mother or friend was in the Nithyananda ashram?
Nithyananda also ran a gurukulam school for young children inside the ashram. Does your mind boggle?
10. People ask me why i have not gone public with information about other women or even men who had relations with Nithyananda the same way as SUN TV publicly displayed the Ranjitha videos. (Incidentally Nithyananda had told many senior followers who he called up from hiding to confirm that the SUN TV videos were true, while his ashram henchmen were still in denial mode.)
i am silent because i have related to these women and men as sisters, brothers and friends, who i respected and loved. I do not see any reason why they should suffer more than what they have suffered in the hands of Nithyananda. It is up to them as individuals to go to the Police if they wish to.
Would you have done differently if you were related to these victims, even if your blood boiled?
11. Nithyananda went into hiding once the videos were aired. Why, if he was innocent? He ran away like a common criminal, fearing for his life. When some senior religious leaders advised him to go on a true parivrajaka, he said, ' do you want me to die? do you think i will survive?'
When arrested he had enough money that would have kept an ordinary man in comfort for 5 years.
Do you still believe him? Do you still believe that all the kalpatarus at 1000 rupees and padapujas at 25000 rupees and house visits at one lac rupees had any truth or sanctity behind them. With great difficulty his mission's spin doctors found twenty people to give testimonials about these hyped up events. For every person who believed to have benefited, a hundred people were cheated.
If you were one of them who gave away money and feel cheated please stand up and complain to the Police. Cheating and defrauding people of money, even if it is only Rs 1000, based on false promises to provide wealth, health, relationship, success or peace is a crime, punishable under Section 420 as a cognizable non bailable offense.
Even if 10 people stand up and complain about how they were defrauded by Nithyananda, he can be put away. He will not have the chance to ruin the life of another wife, daughter, sister, mother or friend.
If after all this, you still believe that he is an enlightened being and god, it is your decision. But to me and many others who have studied the evidence against him, he is just a fraud and sex addict. He needs treatment in a correctional mental asylum.
He is an ordinary man, who acquired some powers that he misused. Now he has been arrested and the law will follow its course. If he had been anything more special, nothing like this would have happened. Many people may have been afraid of him so far. There is nothing to be afraid of a common criminal.
Please stand up and do what you believe as dharma! That will help this Vedic religion of Hinduism.
Please circulate this as widely as you can. The more number of people read this, the more intelligently they can make their choices. Please help.
With deep respect for your intelligence and concern for your welfare
Dharmananda @ Lenin